Monday 7 July 2014

Production Log: Video Moodboard (07/07/14)

 

What did I do?
Today  I discovered the "video editor" tool on YouTube which I am able to access for free through my YouTube account. This is extremely helpful as I am not that confident with using professional editing programmes such as Adobe Premier, which I would also have to pay for.
Here is a printscreen of the various YouTube videos which I downloaded through "keepvid.com" and then edited together with different house/dance music remixes in the background. The video mood board also includes people of my audience and their hobbies, social habits and interests such as festivals, fashion and dancing. 
Why is this helpful?
This is helpful as the video easily portrays my target demographic of young adults, female, aged 18-30. I have chosen this group as my demographic as, by looking at his Twitter and Facebook pages, I can see that although house music is liked equally as much by boys as girls, Calvin Harris is most popular with female listeners. 
The age range was decided as this is the legal age in the UK to get into clubs and go out partying, where house music is listened to the most. At this age, many of them are either at uni or in their first job, where they have no commitments and therefore can spend most of their money on going clubbing, buying music and going to festivals. However, of course there will be exceptions of younger people, such as myself, who like dance music in general, and therefore I have identified a secondary demographic of girls, aged 16-17.
By creating this short video I can rewatch it at any time to quickly remind me of my intended audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment